TSG CT – Core Network and Terminals
CT#99 Election Results
21-03-2023. Peter SCHMITT (HuaWei Technologies Co., Ltd - CCSA) was elected new Chair, Atle Monrad (InterDigital Communications Corporation - ATIS), ChenHo Chin (Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp.,Ltd. - ETSI) were re-elected Vice Chair (2nd term), and Biao Long (China Telecom Corporation Ltd. - CCSA) was elected new Vice Chair of CT.
The 3GPP TSG Core Networks and Terminals (CT) is responsible for the technical co-ordination of the specification work done in the following Working Groups:
- CT WG1 - User Equipment - Core Network protocols
- CT WG3 - Interworking with External Networks & Policy and Charging Control
- CT WG4 - Core Network Protocols
- CT WG6 - Smart Card Application Aspects
CT is responsible for the technical co-ordination of the specification work on:
- Terminal interfaces (logical and physical) and smart card application aspects;
- User equipment to core network protocols;
- Interworking with external networks;
- Core network protocols of 3GPP systems.
CT is currently specifying protocols and APIs related to:
- The 5G system, including the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS);
- The support of Vertical industry services (Mission Critical services, Industrial IoT, Automotive, etc.);
- Interworking with Edge computing networks.
The above list is not exhaustive. For more information readers should look into the respective CT Working Groups Terms of Reference.
Terms of reference
The latest terms of reference were approved at OP_47 in document OP47_12.