TSG RAN – Radio Access Network
The 3GPP TSG Radio Access Network (RAN) is responsible for the technical co-ordination of the specification work done in the following Working Groups:
- RAN1 – Radio Layer 1 (Physical layer)
- RAN2 – Radio layer 2 and Radio layer 3 Radio Resource Control
- RAN3 – UTRAN/E-UTRAN/NG-RAN architecture and related network interfaces
- RAN4 – Radio Performance and Protocol Aspects
- RAN5 – Mobile terminal conformance testing
RAN is responsible for the GERAN, UTRAN, E-UTRAN, NG-RAN and beyond, including their internal structures and functions, of systems for evolved GERAN, UTRAN, E-UTRAN, NG-RAN and beyond.
Terms of Reference
The latest terms of reference were approved at OP47-e in document OP47_19.