Technical Specification Groups (TSGs)
The Working Groups, within the TSGs, meet regularly and come together for their quarterly TSG Plenary meeting, where their work is presented for information, discussion and approval.
The TSG leadership is responsible for the allocation of resources within each group. These responsibilities include:
- Preparation of a detailed time frame and management of each Release.
- Proposal and approval of work items within the agreed scope and terms of reference of the TSG.
- Management of work items.
- Technical Co-ordination.
- Recommending, to PCG, an appropriate approach to work outside the scope of the 3GPP, but where a common global solution is desired.
- Maintenance of the TSG voting list of Individual Members.
The Technical Specification Groups in 3GPP are:
- Core Network & Terminals (CT)
- Radio Access Networks (RAN)
- Services & Systems Aspects (SA)