The Partnership Project is not a legal entity but is a collaborative activity between the following recognized Standards Development Organizations (SDO):
- The Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) – Japan
- The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) – US
- China Communications Standards Association (CCSA) – China
- The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) – Europe
- Telecommunications Standards Development Society (TSDSI) – India
- Telecommunications Technology Association (TTA) – South Korea
- Telecommunication Technology Committee (TTC) – Japan
The Partnership Project is entitled the “THIRD GENERATION PARTNERSHIP PROJECT” and may be known by the acronym “3GPP”.
This section outlines:
- How to apply for permission to use 3GPP trademarked terms and logos
- The official logo usage guidelines
3GPP Brand Guideline
This Brand Guideline will help the reader to make the correct use of 3GPP related terms, trademarks and logos.
The 3GPP name
The Third Generation Partnership Project is commonly known as 3GPP. When referencing 3GPP we do not require that the full name of the project is used. However, we woluld encourage the use of the long form ‘Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)’ in formal texts, before using the acronym 3GPP thereafter.
3GPP does not register any trademarks itself. Trademarking is done on a regional basis on behalf of the project – by the Organizational Partners (https://www.3gpp.org/about-us/partners).
A statement on trademarking (Under: COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARKS AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS) is at https://www.3gpp.org/terms-of-use
When using a 3GPP name or trademark, never vary the spelling, add or delete hyphens, make one word two, or use a possessive or plural form of the 3GPP brand. Never abbreviate a 3GPP trademark to create a new acronym.
Before using any of the 3GPP project logos, refer tohttps://www.3gpp.org/about-us/legal-matters/logo-usage.
If so, please download the 3GPP Copyright Form, fill it in and return it to the address shown on the form.. For further information please contact the ETSI Legal Service via email: email@example.com
Individual Members should declare to their Organizational Partners any IPRs which they believe to be essential, or potentially essential, to any work being conducted within 3GPP.
List of IPR resources provided by the 3GPP Organizational Partners:
- ARIB – https://www.arib.or.jp/english/std_tr/index.html (STD-T120)
- ATIS – https://www.atis.org/policy/patent-policy/
- CCSA – http://www.ccsa.org.cn/english/ipr
- ETSI – https://www.etsi.org/intellectual-property-rights
- TTA – https://www.tta.or.kr/eng/contents.do?key=168
- TTC – https://www.ttc.or.jp/activities/ipr
- TSDSI – https://tsdsi.in/ipr/