A white paper published by 5G Americas in December 2022 looks towards 2025, focusing on 3GPP, on the way markets are developing and how new use cases will make use of features provided for in 3GPP Release 17.
“Becoming 5G-Advanced: the 3GPP 2025 Roadmap” explores the following key topics:
- Review of 3GPP Rel-17 and 3GPP Rel-18 (5G Advanced)
- Global market trends, new use cases and 3GPP timeline
- Radio access technologies
- System architecture, core networks, and services
- Enhancements for non-public networks, seamless user equipment (UE) context recovery, access traffic steering split & switch, location services (LCS) enhancements, and next generation real time communication (RTC).